Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Personal, social and emotional development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves, and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings; to understand appropriate behaviour in groups; and to have confidence in their own abilities.
Personal, Social and Emotional development is about …
- Learning to share and co-operate in small and larger groups.
- Making relationships and learning about the importance of friendships.
- Learning to take turns in a game and becoming aware of the needs of others.
- Opportunities to solve problems-gaining confidence in self chosen challenges.
- Developing a sense of well being.