Expressive arts and design
Expressive arts and design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
- Exploring a wide range of stimulating resources
- Having time to explore and experiment with ideas, materials and activities
- Being confident to try new experiences
- Realising tools can be used for a purpose
- Exploring how sounds are made
- Being able to express themselves through dance, drama, music making
- Engaging in imaginative role play such as being the 'nurse, vet or shopkeeper'...
"Another fantastic year of development, we are astounded by the creativity and confidence we in our son now compared with September"