Expressive arts and design
Expressive arts and design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
- Exploring a wide range of stimulating resources
- Having time to explore and experiment with ideas, materials and activities
- Being confident to try new experiences
- Realising tools can be used for a purpose
- Exploring how sounds are made
- Being able to express themselves through dance, drama, music making
- Engaging in imaginative role play such as being the 'nurse, vet or shopkeeper'...